Who we are
Our website address is: https://donate.mindnhand.co.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect and receive information from you in the following situations:
- When you register with us.
- When you choose to connect your Account with an external third party service or application, such as Facebook.
- When you use the features and functions available on our Services, for example, by creating listings, interacting with other users through our chat feature, or transacting with other users.
- If you contact us, for example, with a query or to report a problem.
- When you register for a survey, campaign, contest and/or lucky draw with us.
- When you interact with us offline or through an external third party.
By providing us with any information relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), you represent to us that you have validly obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their information for the respective purposes.
We may collect and receive the following information. Please note that not all of our Services collect all of the information listed below:
- Account credentials such as username.
- Profile information such as, name, gender, email address, profile photo, mobile number, date of birth.
- Pictures, videos and other media
- Location information such as last known location, meet-up location.
- Any other information disclosed by you in any of the above-mentioned methods and/or through the use of our Services.
- Aggregate data collected through the use of our Services.
- Any communications between you and another user of our Services.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Like most websites, our servers automatically collect certain technical information when you visit our Website, including your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your visit, the referring URL, and, if you have visited our Website before, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We also collect information about your activities on the Website, such as the pages you access.
Cookies are small data files sent from a server to your web browser. They are stored in your browser’s cache and allow a website or a third party to recognize your browser. There are three primary types of cookies:
- Session cookies are specific to a particular visit and carry information as you view different pages so you don’t have to re-enter information every time you change pages or attempt to checkout. Session cookies expire and delete themselves automatically in a short period of time like after you leave the site or when you close your web browser.
- Persistent cookies remember certain information about your preferences for viewing the Website, and allow Mindnhand to recognize you each time you return. Persistent cookies are stored on your browser cache or mobile device until you choose to delete them, and otherwise typically delete themselves at expiration.
- Third-party cookies are placed by someone other than Mindnhand, and may gather browsing activity across multiple websites and across multiple sessions. They are usually a type of persistent cookie and are stored until you delete them or they expire based on the time period set in each third-party cookie.
Cookies store data about your use, but they are helpful because they enable key functionality, such as checkout and login, and allow us to customize your experience. You can configure your desktop or mobile browser’s settings to reflect your preference to accept or reject cookies, including how to handle third-party cookies (see Managing Cookie Technologies below).
In addition to cookies, Mindnhand (like many other websites) uses similar technologies to allow us to achieve our mission of helping direct more donations to grassroots charities around the world:
- Web beacons: These are tiny graphics (sometimes called “clear GIFs” or “web pixels”) with a unique identifier that are used to understand browsing activity. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are rendered invisibly on web pages when you open a page.
- Social widgets: These are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media providers that allow you to interact with those social media services when you view a web page or a mobile app screen. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third party that provided the widget, and are controlled by the third parties. Out of respect for your privacy, Mindnhand has begun to migrate away from social widgets to simple hypertext links.
- UTM codes: These are strings that can appear in a URL (the “Uniform Resource Locator,” which is typically the http or https address entered to go to a web page) when a user moves from one web page or website to another, where the string can represent information about browsing, such as which advertisement, page, or publisher sent the user to the receiving website.
- Local storage objects: These (sometimes called flash cookies) are sets of data that can be stored on your browser by a site or app. They can be used to maintain preferences, maintain a history of usage, or even maintain the state or settings of an app.
Embedded content from other websites
Our Services may, from time to time, contain links to external sites or resources which are operated by third parties. We have no control over the content and privacy practices of such sites or resources.
Who we share your data with
Mindnhand purpose of collecting personal information is to identify the member as well as to send important updates. In order to serve our members better, we do research on our members’ demographics and interests based on the information you submitted to us upon registration. Where the member is a parent, we also collect information on the children registered under that member’s account.
The information collected may also be used by Mindnhand and its partners, affiliated companies, third party service providers, business partners and other related parties for processing, tracking research and marketing purposes. We will use your information to provide you with personalized updates and recommendations when you use our website. If you authorize us to, we will also use your location to recommend classes and payment information to process online transactions. From time to time, we will also conduct service and security reviews and update you on how to better secure your account with us. We may also enable the use of social interaction on our websites, allowing you to post a review or comment on articles “in these cases, you agree that we may use the contents you have posted onto our other media platforms, both online and offline. Copyright of that content would belong to you, and you are deemed to have consented to giving us a non-exclusive licence to use that content.
We respect your privacy and if you do not want us to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you can opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link in the promotional email at any time and without charge. However, if you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your membership or regular business relationship as permitted under applicable local laws and regulations.
We reserve the right to disclose or transfer your personal information under any one of the following conditions:
- We have your consent to do so.
- We believe that it is necessary to do so in order to respond to any claims.
- We believe that it is necessary to do so in order to comply with the law, legal processes, or requests from any government authority.
- We believe that it is necessary to do so in order to protect the rights, property, interests, or safety of Mindnhand, our employees, our users, or the public.
- We are required to do so in connection with an acquisition, merger, or sale of all or a portion of our business.
We may use the information collected and received from you for the following purposes:
- To send you service-related messages including, without limitation, a welcome/confirmation email when you register your Account and to enforce our Terms of Service and other policies. These messages are not promotional in nature. These messages will be sent by email and/or through push notifications and you may not opt-out of receiving service-related messages from Mindnhand, unless you deactivate your account.
- Perform functions or services as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection such as to publish and/or use for our marketing purposes, your feedbacks and stories.
- To provide you a more tailored online advertising experience. Mindnhand has in place, tools and services are used to create advertisements, to deliver advertisements to devices on behalf of advertisers, to monitor the success of and manage advertising campaigns, and to present you with advertisements that are more likely to be interesting and relevant to you. Delivering relevant ads that are tailored to users’ interests is known as “interest based advertising” (sometimes also referred to as “behavioural advertising”).
- If you are a member of our survey panel, your information may also be used to manage your panel membership; send you service-related messages, new survey opportunities and, updates on your rewards and incentives. These updates will be sent by email and/or through push notifications and you can choose to unsubscribe from these updates through the relevant email and/or “Settings” page of your Account. These updates may also be communicated to you through text messages and/or voice calls if you have indicated that you wish to receive such updates through these methods.
- To provide and carry out cross-application and cross-device advertising (i.e. Advertising across browsers and applications on a single device, as well as cross-device advertising), advertising delivery and reporting. Information include information described above and data collected from a particular computer, browser or device and may be used with another computer, browser or device that is linked to the computer, browser or device on which such data was collected.
- To generate a “Lookalike audience” or “similar audience” of prospective users through the Facebook or Google advertising platforms and/or similar service providers. This allows us to deliver targeted advertisements on their networks to potential users, where such potential users may have shared interests or similar demographics to our existing users, based on the data of these advertising platforms. We typically do this by uploading a list of email addresses in a secured manner. Facebook’s policy is to irreversibly hash (encrypt) such lists locally and prior to uploading. Facebook will then match the hashed data against their own user and generate the lookalike audience. The uploaded list will then be deleted and will not be used for any other purposes. Mindnhand will not have access to the identity of any user in the lookalike audience, unless such individual chooses to click on the advertisements we deliver. If you wish to opt out of “similar audiences” in Google, you can do so through your Google Ads Settings.
- To comply with applicable Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism regulations and other applicable laws and regulations.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
How we protect your data
The security of your information is important to us. We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. We also follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information transmitted to us over the Internet, both during transmission and once we receive it. Sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) are encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
It is important that you protect against unauthorised access of your Account and information by choosing your password carefully, and keeping your password and Account secure (e.g. by signing out after using our Services).
Mindnhand does not: (a) offer goods or services to, or monitor the behaviour of, European Union data subjects; and (b) process and/or hold the personal data of data subjects residing in the European Union.